Autotrol 263 Filter Valve and Logix 740 Controller: Backwashing Activated Carbon Filters for Great Tasting Water
- Unlike many whole house carbon systems that require a yearly filter change, our specially de-signed activated backwashing carbon filters in Chicagoland will last for many years.
- It gives you great tasting water from every faucet in your home, including the shower and bath.
- It is the perfect companion for a water softener system, and it may be installed on municipal or well water.
- Only periodic automatic backwashing is required.
Activated Carbon is a granular filter media. With proper installation, carbon will reduce or eliminate the following contaminants, which results in healthier better tasting water:
- Trihalomethanes (THMs): A group of organic chemicals suspected of being carcinogenic
- Bad Tastes and Chlorine by-products-odors
- Herbicides, Pesticides and Insecticides
- Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs)
Conditions of Operation:
Water to be filtered should be free of oil and suspended matter. The water to be filtered should be relatively free of iron for maximum service life. If the water contains hydrogen sulfide, it should be chlorinated before filtering.
Activated carbon, with its extremely high surface areas, can absorb many times its weight of tastes and odors. Periodic backwashing is necessary to eliminate the accumulated suspended mater and regrade the filter bed. It is necessary to replace the carbon filter bed when the capacity for chlorine, taste, and odor is exhausted.